Contagion VR: Outbreak
Contagion VR: Outbreak is a first-person survival horror built from the ground up exclusively for VR.
Platforms: PC and PS4
Engine: Unreal Engine 4
As the Lead Engineer, my responsibilities encompassed overseeing all major game systems, both for multiplayer (which didn’t make it into the final version of the game) and single-player modes. I ensured that all code adhered to established standards. Additionally, I took the lead in integrating new technologies, both on the software and hardware fronts. In addition to these core duties, I handled various other routine tasks.
- Created playtest builds (almost on a daily basis)
- Created final builds for players
- Verified and, if necessary, delegated bug reports to other devs
- Ensured that bug reports were completed within a reasonable time period
- Created and delegated tasks to achieve milestones based on roadmap
- Maintained several Perforce branches
- Updated Unreal Engine 4 to newest version when possible
- Audited Perforce commits for possible issues
- Audited programming team’s code for possible optimization or workflow improvement
- Kept up to date with all the new engine changes